Protecting your privacy
To create an environment that promotes not only physical safety, but also the safety and security of private information, certain behaviors and activities are not permitted.
What we do allow
- Host re-entry: Hosts may re-enter their property, or enter a guest’s dedicated room in a shared stay, during a reservation only when there is an objective emergency, or after a guest has given explicit permission and the guest has a clear understanding of what the interactions will be and when.
What we don’t allow
- Physical intrusions: Hosts, guests, and those affiliated with them or working on their behalf must not access or attempt to access any private spaces without prior permission. In shared stays, this refers to bathrooms when the guest is inside, bedrooms, or beds in shared rooms. In entire home stays, this refers to the stay itself and the property surrounding it.
- Use of other’s personal property: Hosts, guests, and those affiliated with them or working on their behalf must not use another community member's property that is not intended to be shared without prior permission.
- Private space interference: Hosts and guests must not restrict another individual’s ability to enjoy a private space (unless in a pre-disclosed shared space), such as failing to provide a door to a private space or engaging in privacy-infringing activities such as voyeurism.
- Non-consensual content sharing: Private or confidential details, photos, or videos of community members must not be publicly posted unless the subject of the post has given consent.
We're here to help
If you or someone else feels threatened or unsafe, please first contact local law enforcement authorities for assistance. Additionally, if you witness or experience behavior that goes against our policies, please let us know.
While these guidelines don’t cover every possible scenario, they’re designed to offer general guidance on Airbnb’s community policies.
- GuestAirbnb and your personal infoMost data associated with your user account is deleted when you close your Airbnb account. However, some data is kept longer as required or …
- GuestUnderstanding the contents of my personal data fileGet general information to help you better understand and navigate through the contents of your account data file.