Airbnb allows hosts to choose among three standardized cancellation policies (Flexible, Moderate, and Strict) that we will enforce to protect both guest and host alike. The Super Strict cancellation policies apply to special circumstances and are by invitation only. The Long Term cancellation policy applies to all reservations of 28 nights or more. Each listing and reservation on our site will clearly state the cancellation policy. Guests may cancel and review any penalties by viewing their travel plans and then clicking ‘Cancel’ on the appropriate reservation. A host will be able to see the number of reservations a guest has canceled over the previous 12 months when the guest submits a request to book.
Flexible: Full refund 1 day prior to arrival
- Cleaning fees are always refunded if the reservation is canceled before check-in.
- The Airbnb service fee is refundable, up to 3 times per year, if the guest cancels before the trip starts. Refund eligibility is determined at booking time based on the number of prior cancellations and future bookings that are eligible for refundable fees. Separately, if a guest books a reservation that overlaps with any part of an existing reservation, we won’t refund the Airbnb service fee if they decide to cancel.
- Accommodation fees (the total nightly rate you're charged) are refundable in certain circumstances as outlined below.
- If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to Airbnb within 24 hours of check-in.
- Airbnb will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes.
- A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the cancellation confirmation page, which they can find in Dashboard > Your Trips > Change or Cancel.
- Cancellation policies may be superseded by the Guest Refund Policy, extenuating circumstances, or cancellations by Airbnb for any other reason permitted under the Terms of Service. Please review these exceptions.
- Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.
For a full refund of accommodation fees, cancellation must be made a full 24 hours prior to listing’s local check in time (or 3:00 PM if not specified) on the day of check in. For example, if check-in is on Friday, cancel by Thursday of that week before check in time.
If the guest cancels less than 24 hours before check-in, the first night is non-refundable.
If the guest arrives and decides to leave early, the accommodation fees for the nights not spent 24 hours after the official cancellation are fully refunded.