Beautiful, Modern near the Heart of Bryson City.
Shady Getaway is a one bedroom, one bath creekside cottage in the Bryson Village community. This beautiful home has a nice deck with hot tub, wireless internet, and is beautifully decorated.
Bryson Village is a premier vacation rental community located in Bryson City and right outside of the heart of downtown Bryson City. With the Historic Bryson House as it`s centrally located property and an additional seven vacation rentals, the community all together can accommodate up to 46 guests. Each rental is lovingly equipped with every modern touch you need - flatscreen tv with Direct TV service in every living room and bedroom, gas log fireplace in the living areas, fully stocked kitchens with granite counter tops and stainless appliances, indoor and outdoor dining spaces in every home, full laundry in every home, nice decks on each property with gas grill and hot tubs, high speed wireless internet access, comfortable furnishings, and tastful decor. The Village is a perfect spot for your Smoky Mountain Getaway; whether you are doing a large gathering with a wedding, business retreat, family reunion, group vacation, large group gathering, or a small affordable family getaway in an individual cottage. With large group bookings - The Historic House is the perfect spot for your group gatherings with nice large entertaining spaces with the smaller cottages offering additional and private sleeping quarters.
AGE REQUIREMENT: Must be 21 Years old or older to reserve.
RENTAL RATES: Our rental rates are based on the season as well as the number of guests. Rate ranges do not include taxes, cleaning fees or pet fees. Rates are subject to change without notice.
CHECK IN & OUT: Check In is 3:00 pm or later and Check Out is 10:00 am. No early Check In or Check Out. We need the in-between time to prepare for our next guests.
WE PROVIDE: Each cabin is supplied with dishes, kitchen utensils, cookware, bed linens, blankets, pillows, and towels.
YOU PROVIDE: We recommend that you bring or purchase consumable supplies (paper products, trash bags, soap, and detergent). There will be a “starter amount” of these when you arrive, but it is not meant to last your stay. If there is a charcoal grill, wood burning fireplace or fire pit, you will need to supply the fuel. Also, if there is a pool or your cabin is near a creek you should bring beach towels to use outdoors.
FIREPLACES: There are gas fireplaces in many of our cabins for our guest`s enjoyment. These are operable during our fall, early spring, and winter months and turned off during the warm weather months.
Terms & Conditions
1) Minimum Age Requirement – Bryson City Cabin Rentals ONLY rents to responsible adults aged 21 or older. Reservation holder must be 21 years of age or older at time of booking and is considered responsible party for the duration of the reservation. Reservation holders cannot make reservations for other parties and must be an occupying member of the property during the reservation.
2) Compensation Policy: Upon arrival, please report any problems or damages, or we must assume these occurred during your stay. Housekeeping complaints must be reported on arrival, so we can send the housekeeper to the property with our Housekeeping Manager to go over the property again. Further, any problems that may arise during your stay must be reported immediately so that we have the opportunity to correct them. We cannot correct or compensate for housekeeping complaints or problems reported after departure.
3) Accidents happen, so please report any damaged or lost items so we may promptly replace them for other guests.
4) Certain conditions exist that are unique to the mountain environment and are beyond the control of Bryson City Cabin Rentals. These include road conditions, availability and reliability of utilities, weather, and indoor and outdoor pests (including but not limited to stinging insects, snakes, spiders, mice, ladybugs). As long as a cabin is safely accessible, inclement weather or your discomfort with mountain roads are not valid conditions for cancelation, nor are power or utility outages (of less than 24 hours in duration) cause for refund or restitution. We have some properties that are in higher elevations and not accessible when it snows. In the event of snow, we will contact you regarding your reservation. We will make every attempt to move you to a comparable cabin for the same dates as your original reservation. Or we will allow you to reschedule at the same cabin within the next 180 days.
5) Internet, cellular services, and phone services in the mountains are not always reliable. Bryson City Cabin Rentals does not charge extra for cabins with unlimited internet access. Please check the website if the particular property you have reserved has wireless internet or limited internet access, as not all properties in the area have internet accessibility. If you are not able to access these amenities during your stay, even if advertised, this is not cause for a refund.
6) Bryson City Cabin Rentals is not responsible for, nor do we recommend the use of MapQuest.com or any other online service, GPS guidance systems, or any directions or instructions from any source other than us. These systems have proven unreliable for use in the rural and mountain roads in our area. There are many areas in the mountains where you will not get a signal for a smart phone or GPS. You have been provided with turn by turn directions for your reservation, please bring a printed copy of your directions.
7) Hot tubs –
• The water in our hot tubs is changed frequently for your safety. If the water is not hot when you arrive, it will heat up to temperature within 24 hours. A hot tub that is not up to temperature on the day of your arrival is not cause for a refund.
• Covers must be kept on the hot tub whenever it is not in use in order to maintain the water temperature. Do not stand, sit, or misuse a hot tub cover, it will break and the replacement charge is $500.00. Do not use soap, bath oils, bubble bath, etc in the hot tub. Some lotions, creams, makeup, soaps, bath oils, etc. mixed with the hot tub chemicals may cause a rash. Showering before and after using a hot tub is recommended.
8) No campfires or burning outside of provided wood burning fireplaces or fire pits.
9) Smoking is not allowed inside any cabin. Smoking on porch or deck is permitted (please use cigarette receptacles). If housekeeping and/or maintenance reports signs of smoking directly following your reservation, you will be charged an additional cleaning charge of $200.
10) Firearms are not allowed on property. This includes BB guns & paintball guns.
11) No Disruptive behavior will be tolerated. Please remember that this is a peaceful mountain community and that neighbors, although they may not be visible, are present. Keep music and conversation at reasonable levels, drive safely, respect that there are other property owners within the community. Please do not trespass against our neighbors unless invited. Bryson City Cabin Rentals will not tolerate, nor be held liable for any house parties or illegal activity by tenants that takes place during the reservation. If any such activity takes place, the local authorities will be contacted and Bryson City Cabin Rentals will cooperate with authorities to ensure all matters are efficiently handled.
12) Bryson City Cabin Rentals will not be held responsible for any personal items lost or left behind. If you should forget an item, we will happily hold your item at our office for up to 14 days for UPS or FedEx Pick Up. It is your sole responsibility to schedule pickups at our office location.
13) If you lock yourself out of your cabin and we have to come to the cabin and unlock it, there is a $35.00 fee that will be charged to your credit card.
14) Pets: Pets are permitted only with prior approval and only in selected cabins. A non-refundable pet cleaning fee of $50 per pet, plus tax will be charged. If a pet is brought into a pet-friendly cabin without prior approval, the guest will be charged an additional $100 fee. Pets brought to cabins that do not allow pets can result in immediate eviction with forfeiture of remaining paid stay, plus the additional $100 fee. Approved pets are not allowed on furniture (including beds and sofas), at any time. Unattended pets in cabin must be crated. Evidence of any pet being in the hot tub will be cause for loss of security deposit in full and may be subject to additional fees. Damage caused by pets during reservation is the responsibility of the tenant and will either be charged to the card on file or withheld from Security Deposit, any damages that are not covered under policies will be the sole responsibility of the tenant.
15) Excessive Cleaning – A cleaning fee is charged to each reservation. This fee is to cover general cleaning between each reservation. If the property is in disrepair following a reservation and deep cleaning is required, (including but not limited to excessive amounts of garbage removal, carpet cleaning, furniture/home steaming & sanitizing, bodily fluid removal, etcs
16) Local Resident Reservations – Local residents may NOT reserve properties online, this includes reservations made from individuals that reside in Swain, Jackson, Haywood, Macon, Graham, & Cherokee Counties. Any reservation made by a local resident must be made in person at our office, during business hours, and a copy of a valid ID must be kept on file.
17) Occupancy Limits – Each property is listed with it’s maximum occupancy limits advertised. By renting the property, you agree to not exceed these limits by having more guests on the reservation than the occupancy limits allow. If the number of guests allowed is exceeded, the tenants may be evicted early from the property, will lose all monies paid towards the reservation, and will be subject to additional fees if excessive cleaning or damages are incurred
Bryson City, NC, United States