How do I reset or change my password?
If you've forgotten your password, never created one, or you're having trouble logging in to your Airbnb account, you’ll need to reset your password.
If you know your password you can change it anytime you like.
Reset your password
- Go to the reset password page
- Enter the email address you use for Airbnb
- Click Send reset link
You'll be emailed a link to reset your password.
- Reset links are time sensitive and for one-time use
- If you requested the reset link more than once, make sure you're referencing the most recent email
- You may need to disable your email service's link preview (ex. Outlook) or mail scanner feature, which could cause the link to expire before you open it
Change your password
If you know your current password, and you want to change it:
- Go to Account > Login & security
- Next to Password, click Update
- Enter your current password
- Enter and confirm your new password
- Click Update password
Create a password to login directly
There are several convenient ways to access your account. For instance, if you created an Airbnb account by connecting to Facebook, Google, Apple, or using your phone number, you weren't required to create a password. But you also have the option to login directly by creating a password. Here's how:
- Log out of your Airbnb account
- Follow the steps above to reset your password